Problems running games on Wine 0.9.33 [solved]

I wonder if someone could help me.

In my campaign to completely get away from Windows, I tried to install Fallout and Fallout 2 using Wine 0.9.33, which I compiled from sources without problems. So I tried to install Fallout 1, and this is what I got

[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ wine /mnt/cdrom2/Autorun.exe
fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet supported.
[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ fixme:midi:OSS_MidiInit Synthesizer supports MIDI in. Not yet supported.
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\Professional\\RunTime\\IsProBE.tlb" failed with error 2
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SetWindowRgn not supported on other thread window 0x4002c
err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002
err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002
err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink
err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002
err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SetWindowRgn not supported on other thread window 0x4002c
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityW (L"c:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{59DD711B-CA1F-4358-8F14-DC3B31741730}\\") : returns fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR

Nonetheless it looks like Fallout has been installed. I can add its .exe using winecfg. But there is also a problem with a bookmark called "Audio". Here is what i got in console, when clicking at it

[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ winecfg
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

And when I try to run Fallout i get

[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ wine falloutw.exe
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\falloutw.exe": Module not found

And Yes, I did check that the exact name of the .exe file is falloutw.exe, but why wine is looking for it in system32 folder, instead of C:\\Program Files\\Interplay\\Fallout, where it's stored?

Anyone have any ideas how to make my Fallout run on Mandriva?

Well, I'm a Fallout maniac too. I used to spent many days playing all parts of the series (including Tactics), and now I decided to go through it one more time :D For the moment I only play Fallout (the first part). I didn't have any problem with installation, and only one with running the game, which was solved above by ramfree17. And now, when i want to play Fallout I just have to type

wine /home/zibi1981/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Interplay/Fallout/falloutw.exe

in console, and it starts flawlessly. I don't have any major problems while playing, only several minor ones, like the mouse cursor issue (the cursor moves smoothly in all kinds of menus, also in-game ones, but in game area it doesn't, and sometimes jumps from place to place) or some performance problems. For instance, sometimes, after some time of playing, more or less suddenly the game is starting to run a bit slower, than before. But after another start all is good. Nonetheless its worth trying to play Fallout on Linux. It has an additional flavor, if You know what I mean ;)

• 5 weeks later...
in console, and it starts flawlessly. I don't have any major problems while playing, only several minor ones, like the mouse cursor issue (the cursor moves smoothly in all kinds of menus, also in-game ones, but in game area it doesn't, and sometimes jumps from place to place)

I found that shutting off the Hardware Cursor in my xorg.conf fixed some issues in other programs... maybe it will help you to. Under your video card device section, add

Option "HWCursor" "false"

See if that keeps your cursor in the program (it may not!)