Gnome 2.18 finally released

Gul Dukat

So, is there anything interesting here that might persuade an long-time KDE user to try it out again?

Almost nothing. The only Gnome apps I use are tsclient (because I want to control remotely a windows media center, and tsclient is the only rdp client, leaving aside the CLI rdesktop, that allows leaving sound events to the remote machine) and gparted (because qtparted is bughouse deluxe).

Other than the two apps above, I love my KDE desktop, and I never switch to Gnome (I still have 2.16.1, as it is the latest one to hit the ArchLinux stable repositories).

So, is there anything interesting here that might persuade an long-time KDE user to try it out again?
It's still GNOME, so if you didn't like it before, chances are you won't like it now ;) - GNOME isn't going to deviate from it's philosophy anytime soon, and it's likely that whatever you didn't like is a result of that philosophy, and is "just how GNOME does it".