Installing Azureus in Mandriva. It doesn't work!

Guest German

Guest German

Hello friends!

I need your help please!

After a year without Linux (because one of my hard drives broke down) I've just installed Mandriva 2007 Power Pack. I was really missing Linux.

It is incredible how fast one forgets Linux instructions, installing steps, etc. Slowly but in a uninterrupted way I want to refresh things and learn new ones too. By the way, I was never a master using Linux

After setting the system, I wanted to install Azureus. I've tried with RPMs, with the Azureus_2.5.0.4_linux.tar.bz2, urpmi, etc. and can't make it work. May be is something related to Java but it seems to be installed.

The message I get when trying to start it is:

[lacalga@localhost azureus]$ ./azureus

Starting Azureus...

Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...

Suitable java version found [java = 1.4.2]

Configuring environment...

Loading Azureus:

java -Xms16m -Xmx128m -cp "/home/lacalga/Descarga/azureus/Azureus2.jar:/home/lacalga/Descarga/azureus/swt.jar" -Djava.library.path="/home/lacalga/Descarga/azureus" -Dazureus.install.path="/home/lacalga/Descarga/azureus" org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main ''

./azureus: line 112: 4305 Violación de segmento ${JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR}java -Xms16m -Xmx128m -cp "${CLASSPATH}" -Djava.library.path="${PROGRAM_DIR}" -Dazureus.install.path="${PROGRAM_DIR}" org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main "$@"

Azureus TERMINATED.

Well, any detailed help will be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

G. Lorenzo.-

I think from memory you can edit the "azureus" file, and there are some options in there for it should go looking for the Azureus and Java program files.

Theres also newer versions of Java available. I've got version 1.5.11 running with Azureus OK.

I just saw this post:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=38296

which DarkFoss was kind enough to do up :)