Microsoft Suffers Latest Blow As NIST Bans Vista

mystified

Is falling down quite quickly eh? The demise of Windows? Maybe not, but the premise of Linux is getting higher.

I dunno man - everyone hates Vista, but when Joe Sixpack goes out to buy his next PC, he'll just get Vista pre-installed and go "Uh... cool, now I have Vista."

Retail box sales of Windows are usually bad, they rely on OEM to hold their market share.

I've not seen it to say whether I hate or love it. I'm just so far going by what I read, and it doesn't look good, when you find everyone is writing bad things about it.

Of course, some you can take with a pinch of salt when they harp on about something, that really well isn't that important. But some of it is serious stuff that can cause you no end of problems.

I've actually gotten sick of fixing my wife's wireless connection on her laptop when it goes screwy. It's mostly working, then one day it'll not work no matter what you try. Disable network, re-enable, press kill switch, and again, no network. Reboot, no network.

I told her if it goes again, she has Linux, or she's on her own :P

Well I can confirm that wireless is still a little screwy in Vista. We've just gone through a couple of new Vista laptops for review and they all seem to give similar wireless glitches to what XP did.

A lot of them were Acers though, which might've been the real problem :cheeky:

Are we seeing cracks appear in the ivory tower? What with all the legal wranglings, massive law suits and now issuing square peg software for round hole application. Even the giant can only stand so many losses before becoming vulnerable. Come on Linux I say. :drum: