wifi and route

Guest deivisposkus

Guest deivisposkus

On cooker ndiswrapper installed ipw2100 OK and connected to my network...but - no acces to internet. DNS indicated and securiti settings as on the router.. Cooker on Acer Aspire 2001 Centrino. Intel wi network card.

Gonna need more details here.

You say you are connected to the network - can you ping your router? Is your router definitely connected? Are you using DHCP or manual settings? Have you tried a trace-route to see where the request gets stuck? Have you updated your MAC filter on the router (if you use one)?

Let us know as much possible so we can try and help you out ;)

Guest deivisposkus

Thanks for promt reply. Router is on - WinXP PC's works on internet (this message I'm typing from such).

Re DHCP/Manual. Router is configed with DHCP. When I tried to connect to my network - no success. So I configured my card with 192.168.*.* and it went ON.MAC filter is ON. On the router list my card MAC is indicatec...OK, gonna try ping. (first need find how to ping in Linux :)

Guest deivisposkus

Already managed to find terminal and tried.No success. 'Time out'. Very strange situation... I can acces router config from any PC exept my linux one...

I'm not sure but it seems that I need to try change driver. Instead of ipw2100 to try windows driver with ndiswrapper. On my router I found my acer associated and connected, but no internet on pc anyway.. also no ping..

[Posts merged by SoulSe]

Guest deivisposkus

SoulSe,thank you for a help.Seems need to reinstall Cooker. Easiest way to manage mess with ipw2100 and ndiswrapper.. I tried to install Intel Win drv with ndiswrapper, and that caused that no one profile (ndis or ipw) works. Uninstall via root account does not help also.

P.S

How things are going in SA? I was on tour here in 1999 and really loved your country.

SoulSe,thank you for a help.Seems need to reinstall Cooker. Easiest way to manage mess with ipw2100 and ndiswrapper.. I tried to install Intel Win drv with ndiswrapper, and that caused that no one profile (ndis or ipw) works. Uninstall via root account does not help also.

P.S

How things are going in SA? I was on tour here in 1999 and really loved your country.

I suspect that your driver was the problem and you were never really connected to the network. Lets see what the reinstall does for you - although remember that in Linux it is seldom ever necessary to reinstall - most things can be resolved without it. Of course, a reinstall is sometimes easier than repairing :P

Thing are going great in SA :) We have a crime problem at the moment, but the government is well aware and, unlike many other African countries, at least they acknowledge it and are putting measures in place to tackle it from both a socio-economic and law enforcement perspective. Other than that, we're just gearing up for the World Cup in 2010 :thumbs:

Guest deivisposkus

This one snapshot works :) Now at least,while trying to get the Wlan working. To run ADSL was no problem at all.

At least I'm on the forum using Mandriva 2007.1 Beta and connected there with broadband

if someone would be so kind to see this: :o

[root@localhost deivis]# ifconfig

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:02:3F:0F:D4:F8

inet6 addr: fe80::202:3fff:fe0f:d4f8/64 Scope:Link

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:103013 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:69663 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:146390530 (139.6 MiB) TX bytes:6271119 (5.9 MiB)

Interrupt:10 Base address:0xc000

eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:04:23:8D:37:B8

UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:0 (0.0 B ) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B )

Interrupt:10 Base address:0x8000 Memory:d0000000-d0000fff

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0

inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1

RX packets:128 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:128 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:10160 (9.9 KiB) TX bytes:10160 (9.9 KiB)

ppp1 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol

inet addr:88.119.16.99 P-t-P:213.190.60.193 Mask:255.255.255.255

UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1

RX packets:32315 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:21154 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:3

RX bytes:45276798 (43.1 MiB) TX bytes:1344111 (1.2 MiB)

[root@localhost deivis]#

:wall: