Feisty CDMA modem & tv tuner installation problem

I have installed ubuntu feisty, and its working fine. But i dont know how to install my wireless CDMA modem and my tv tuner (manufacturers of both provided windows OS based installation setup). Also feisty needs internet connection to install any plugins, so can you people guide me how to install my modem.

my hardware profile is

Main board intel 965

processor intel pentium D 2.66 (core duo)

RAM 512 kingston

HDD 80 gig sata

Modem Huawei CDMA fixed wireless terminal

Tuner Pixel view play tv pro

Thanks in advance

You'll properly be better off with a stable version of Ubuntu as Feisty is still in alpha stage. Any reason for the choice?

You can check dapper/edgy howtos here: http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Main_Page

Any reason for the choice?

Indeed.

i965 chipset will work properly only with Feisty Fawn. The "stable" version somehow manages to boot and install, but after that you just get a bunch of error messages.

I suggest waiting for a more mature Feisty release, or trying a distro with standard kernel 2.6.18+ (Ubuntu stable has 2.6.17 with some semi-working backport patches).

Currently using an i965 mobo system on Arch Linux with zero problems (current kernel 2.6.20.1, and an "unstable" option for 2.6.21 RC2).

Edited by scarecrow

You'll properly be better off with a stable version of Ubuntu as Feisty is still in alpha stage. Any reason for the choice?

You can check dapper/edgy howtos here: http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Main_Page

yap, i was not able to install ubuntu edgy on intel 965 board, due to compatability issues so i installed feisty which has a newer kernel