The French Parliament switches to Ubuntu

Good news, but I'm not among those who think that this goes along with a political move in support of open source/free software.

As I see it, there's just a clever open-source supporter in a decisional position, that managed to get his/her proposition approved, in particular thanks to reduced costs.

Yves.

Good news, but I'm not among those who think that this goes along with a political move in support of open source/free software.

As I see it, there's just a clever open-source supporter in a decisional position, that managed to get his/her proposition approved [...]

In other words just like any political decision :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

If their bug reporting and support offerings were better and actually replied to people on said things instead of not bothering and giving the impression we are being ignored, then maybe, just maybe they would have had a chance!

As I see it, there's just a clever open-source supporter in a decisional position, that managed to get his/her proposition approved, in particular thanks to reduced costs.

A lot of decisions get made that way, inside and outside of national politics. Once it's a done deal, it may be hard to reverse, especially when it costs less.