Show off your desktop March 2007

ianw1974

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one of my desktop (sorry..) with tthe Zaurus on landscape mode, still on VNC link.

Sorry to bother everybody with that but I m still amazed of all the possibilties of such an old device.

:thumbs:

Stef

Sorry to bother everybody with that but I m still amazed of all the possibilties of such an old device.
The zauras' are pretty cool little systems. when i had mine, i replaced the OS on it with Open Zaurus and Opie (it comes packaged with open zaurus). that made it a bit more powerful since there's a lot of OSS software out there that you can get through open zaurus' package system. However, if the installation is still the same method as they used before, it's not for the faint of heart :)

The zauras' are pretty cool little systems. when i had mine, i replaced the OS on it with Open Zaurus and Opie (it comes packaged with open zaurus). that made it a bit more powerful since there's a lot of OSS software out there that you can get through open zaurus' package system. However, if the installation is still the same method as they used before, it's not for the faint of heart :)

Which Zaurus did you have? I find it interresting as I can take my linux cookbook and the zaurus and do some command line training...

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5140448

Here I ve added a few shots of my mandriva beeing updated from command line from the zaurus...

:lol2:

I just Love it!