Frozen Bubble not running [solved]

dude67

Hmmm... that may be, but I'd need to check. I'm not home at the moment, but how can I see, if I've done it correctly (Easy-Urpmi)?

If I've managed to screw up something there, should I try to install Mandriva again? The only thing is, that I have not been able to play the damn thing ever on this hw. Not even when I first set it up before I did any easy-uprmi.

I believe your using an i586 DVD? So check to see if when you set up easy-urpmi that you also used i586 and not x86_64?

It looks like you may have installed a 64 bit (x86_64) perl or frozen bubble package?

If you have managed to do this, and have installed very many apps and libs... it would probably be best to reinstall your system. :sad:

Well that may be the case... I just tried to install new NVidia drivers and this is what I got:

[root@localhost xxxxx]# sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9755-pkg1.run

ERROR: this .run file is intended for the
Linux-x86 platform, but you appear to be
running on Linux-x86_64.  Aborting installation.

I don't know where have I got this 64 bit information into my system, but I guess I must try to get it back showing 32 bit. This is one of the Easy-Urpmi addresses I've got:

ftp://ftp.clinet.fi/pub/mirrors/Mandrake-linux/official/2007.0/i586/media/contrib/updates

If I want to reinstall the system, would I be able to do that without losing everything I've already installed... At least the wireless interface was a real pain...

Well, I did install the system anew. Did a full re-installation, but no help. I get the same errors when trying to open Frozen Bubble from the /usr/games/ folder with Ctrl-E.

Then again I tried to install the latest NVIDIA drivers and could not install the 32 bit version. I finally installed the 64 bit version and managed to do so. So I don't know anymore which system I have... It did give me some error notification about the kernel, but it seems to be working fine. I can get the glxgears to run smoothly. :unsure:

I had previously managed to install both Quake 4 and Doom 3 (also with the expansion pack). I just need to install them again... I must say that ID has done a good job with linux installation. :thumbs:

But I guess this is a little off topic for this gaming subforum and the subject.

Edited by dude67

Just today, I realized that I must be using the wrong system... At least when I changed the easy-urpmi versions to 64 bit versions and updated some packages (including the Frozen Bubble one) I managed to get Frozen Bubble running! Let's see, if I get any other problems with that, but for the moment it looks to work fine...

So the problem presented in this topic is solved. :thumbs:

Edited by dude67