Eclipse Plugin Problem

I have Eclipse isntalled in my computer but i don't know how to install the c/c++ plugin. I have try to check the file system of the plugin files. These files seem strange for me because is a Java archive files. I never unzip a java archive before. I mainly use Eclipse to write C/C++ and java program.

You help is greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks for your help.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I have checked the above post but it seems useless also. The post doesn't provide any guideline to install eclipse-CDT plugin. I also read the eclipse-CDT official install guide but i also cannot get it. Besides that, i also trp to type urpmi eclipse-cdt in terminal but i face many error because failed dependencies. It just continue complaint missing some packages. I have search the missing packages at rpmfind.net, freshmeat and sourceeforge.net but also can't get the dependencies issues solved.

Therefore, i may needed you guys help me.

Your help is greatly appreciated by me.

Where did you get eclipse? If from the Mandriva repos then forget it, and all java programs from the Mandriva repos btw. Java wasn't open sourced when 2007 came out and Mandriva policy was to put only FOSS software into the Free version. So they compiled all their java software with a Free JVM. That's why Azureus doesn't work also.

Download and install Eclipse from its homepage instead.

After you've done that you can install cdt via the Help menu: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/eclipse3.1/

Edited by dexter11

I have checked the above post but it seems useless also. The post doesn't provide any guideline to install eclipse-CDT plugin.
Errm... yes it does, it's right in that big quote box in the middle of the post. Run eclipse, go to the help menu, go to software updates, put in that url and go. Or, as explained carefully in that other post, you may need to check your version of eclipse to make sure you use the right version of the cdt plugin.