winex lstat error?

I have just upgraded to 9.1 and have installed winex from RPM. The program runs fine when i type winex and such but when i go to install anything i get this error.

[drew@x1-6-00-04-5a-82-b9-04 cdrom]$ winex install.exe

wine: lstat /home/drew/.transgaming/wineserver-x1-6-00-04-5a-82-b9-04/socket : No such file or directory

does anyone know what might be wrong?

I tried doing that, but although it doesn't give an error message it doesn't do anything else either.  No feedback, no app, no nothing. :(

Same error here. Winex3 prerelease btw.

delete the wineserver-x1-6-00-04-5a-82-b9-04 directory before you start wine.  there seems to be some sort of weird issue and deleting the directory fixes.

WineX 3 has big issues with the new Glibc packages, really the only way to get it working again is to roll back the Glibc version, to 2.2. I don't think I will be renewing my subscription after this year. I have spent to much time trouble shooting all their problems for the few games that did run using WineX 2.2. I was really hoping that WineX 3 would rectify the problems of the games that I could not run, and now it will not run at all with any distro that is running the newer Glibc packages. I guess even Wine is having problems as well, from what I read on the support Forum@Transgaming.

keep in mind this is a pre-release, not the final...

I still doubt I will continue to support it, I have nothing against them. Just turned out to be a waste of money for the subscription. In a year they only released two major releases. And even both of those had significant flaws. WineHQ has done some great work lately. I think I may go with them over this next year. I will still keep some of my how to's on my website.

keep in mind this is a pre-release, not the final...

I still doubt I will continue to support it, I have nothing against them. Just turned out to be a waste of money for the subscription. In a year they only released two major releases.

WineHQ has done some great work lately. I think I may go with them over this next year. I will still keep some of my how to's on my website.

then how about considering supporting the wine project? just a thought.

ciao!

Or how about supporting companies that port games to Linux? Epic, BioWare, LGP, id, Eon, etc.

Just a better thought.

I do through the purchasing of the Linux games. Hell I have eveything that has been released up until now :) I am not going to spend money on WineX anymore is all I am saying.

Or how about supporting companies that port games to Linux? Epic, BioWare, LGP, id, Eon, etc.

Just a better thought.

yes its a better thought when it comes to gaming. i was merely thinking that if Relic2K has the money to spare on WineX, then he might consider channeling the financial support to the wine project. wine is still useful for running some exotic windows apps that has no probability of being ported and have no native counterpart.

:)

ciao!

Just a better thought.

yes its a better thought when it comes to gaming. i was merely thinking that if Relic2K has the money to spare on WineX, then he might consider channeling the financial support to the wine project. wine is still useful for running some exotic windows apps that has no probability of being ported and have no native counterpart.

:)

ciao!

hehehehehehehehehe

Wow man i sure love winex ive got there t-shirt blankets, pillow covers and everything as part of a winex insider. I think i might donate lots of money to them to further development!

Again hehehehehehehehehe that another funny one :)