Home Network

voyage

Hello All

Well got mandriva on both home comps everthing working ok :D (except my ati card but it,s livable till i get more knowledge on linux) both connect to router and internet working okay. My question is how do i set up a home network so as to access file games on both machines any help we be most welcome.

Many Thanks

Voyage

There are several ways to share files over the network in Linux. You could use NFS shares, SFTP (which works over SSH) or file copy tools like scp.

Let us know more about what you want to do exactly, that'll make it easier to tell you what to use.

If you want to share games you could install them to a partition or directory shared on NFS. Access times over network connections are slow for apps though, it's far better to install a game on the machine you want to play it.

Thx for the reply

what i want to do is use my comp for storing photos etc, but allow other machine to access them and print them also for games like Unreal tournement

so my son can kick my ass at it. (he uses me as canon fodder guess thats what dad,s are for)

Many thx