• Yes -install was good, and all is well
    • Yes -install was good, but I'm having some problems
    • Heh? -had problems during install, but I've got everything worked out now
    • No -had problems during install, and I'm still having a lot of problems

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that there was originally a concern that having polls everywhere might get confusing, or even overbearing. At least I remember wanting a place for "fun" polls that would have no serious bearing upon anything other than pure enjoyment. I just thought that off topic would be a good place, but Everything linux would be just as good. I would suggest only two areas for polling. A serious area- which is roundtable and a not serious area- which could be either off topic or everything linux. I thought off topic because even polling you choice in donuts could be done there! :mystismiles:

1. I find it really hard to believe that anyone could understand "linux" and the "linux fs" and get confused if there's a poll in Offtopic and another in Everything Linux. Come On :roll:

2. (Goes with 1 and confusion)There has never, I mean never, been more than one or two fun/ informative polls going at one time ayway. 8)

3.This is a poll about our favorite distro which happens to be the reason for this forums existence. It's not Offtopic, nor is it forum business for the Roundtable....it only belongs in one place and that's Everything Linux, because in our world, a poll about a new version of our favorite distro IS Everything Linux. :wink:

man I'm picky huh? :P must have picked that up from DOlson :lol:

Look at this;

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...ht=poll+browser

Now, either that wasn't setup rt (as a poll) or it couldn't be because of rescrictions. Either way...nothing came of it...there's no winners, because who's gonna go back and tally it up?

I liked how that post was done as a great way to "poll" people about preferences without making it look like there was some kind of official decision being made. I don't think there is any problem with people posting that sort of "poll". I also don't believe it was ever intended to be tallied, but it is an interesting way to see trends in software use.

Anon is working on a new home page. Maybe a fun poll could be placed there instead of in the general discussion? Or perhaps we should try openning polls in the whole talk talk area; of course, it does increase the possibility of mod action, if polls get placed in the wrong area, just like if a thread is placed in the wrong area. Perhaps it is best to open up and keep an eye out for strays!

I liked how that post was done as a great way to "poll" people about preferences without making it look like there was some kind of official decision being made.
I can see that....but wouldn't it nice to know an official tally? Even if it's a never ending poll like this one. Six months from now someone that installs 9.1 can contrib their opinion. After all, it's for fun.

Also, If you think about it, most polls belong in Everything Linux. Most are about Linux. Only a Offtopic poll belongs in Offtopic.

I can see what you are saying, bvc. Is there some way to make the fun polls look different in the other talktalk forums? What do you say, cannonfodder, any way to run fun polls a little differently in the other forums, or will you request a raise in order to do it? :mystilol:

My concern is that some polls dealing with board government, if it turns out that we are still doing that, should be taken seriously. We might set up an expectation that polls are all fun, regardless of what their content is about. So, to state plainly, I like polls that are fun and think that perhaps we should do themm through-out talktalk. But I am concermed that board government be taken seriously.

If board government ceases to be polled, then the problem goes away.

If the board still seeks direction through polling, then care should be made to insure future success. Perhaps just keeping serious polls in roundtable is sufficient to answer my concerns.

Ahhh...I see what you're saying, and sorry to sound rude, but anyone concerned enough to participate in a discussion or vote on board gov. should plainly see the difference in a fun poll and a serious one, and if not they need not participate. :shock:

Perhaps just keeping serious polls in roundtable is sufficient to answer my concerns.
I think so :)

What's up with this long discussion on polls guys?

;)

BTW can anyone change the title to read Mandrake instead of Makdrake.

I first was looking for the answer "I don't use Makdrake"...

I would my vote to count for two, since I installed mdk9.1 on 2 machines and they both worked flawlessly (apart from all stuff that you know you're going to have to fix after installation, like dvd-playback and the like)...

To me, mdk9.1 is the best mdk ever. Possibly the best linux that I ever installed.

What's up with this long discussion on polls guys?
why...what ever do you mean :?: :P

BTW can anyone change the title to read Mandrake instead of Makdrake.
:oops::oops: hmmm...are you the first to notice?.....or just the first to save me? :lol: THANKS!