To Mandrake 9.1, or not????

bvc

To Makdrake 9.1, or not????  

1. 1. To Makdrake 9.1, or not????

• Yes -install was good, and all is well
    • Yes -install was good, but I'm having some problems
    • Heh? -had problems during install, but I've got everything worked out now
    • No -had problems during install, and I'm still having a lot of problems

Please use common sense. If you have trouble with certain configs/ hardware regardless of mandrake versions or different distros, don't say you're having problems! This for for unusual/ unexpected problems. How's it going?

This poll has no time limit.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install (from ISO on hard-drive) had major freeze problems ( http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=3863 ). I managed to work around them but that does not make the installer program any better. After installation, there are several problems/bugs found that were reported during the beta-testing period and should have been fixed before the final release.

So my vote is no. 4.

I vote for yes, #1. The installation went smoothly for me (after second try of course, first try is basically trial run). Just need to tweak it up a bit for my liking, but then again.. all OS install need to be tweaked for me.

I vote for 1 - my install went very smooth and have had no problems, yet.

"No boom yet, no boom today, boom tomorrow. There is always a boom"

Okay, seriously, I have had no problems and this install was the easiest and fastest I have ever done of any OS.

Just wish I could vote -- all I see are the results, which consist of only one vote.

I vote for #1 as well, 2 installs no problems that i have noticed.

And i even got too use my highpoint raid card.

install nvidia drivers, installed yanc to configure my tv out.

add plf sources to urpmi and urpmi mplayer mplayer-gui too install my favorite media player

urpmi libdvdnav1

urpmi libdvdcss2

urpmi libdvdread2

so i can play my dvd's

I had to compile dcgui because i couldn't find a 9.1 rpm. But that went fine to my surprise :wink:

I install games in my /home partition so i don't have to reinstall them if i reinstall the os, they are all running good.

except for the not being able to vote on this in mozilla, galeon, or konqueror :P

I don't think you can run polls in this forum. That's why it doesn't work.

My install was fine, actually quick. I had an odd problem with artswrapper not being uid root, but I just did what the warning told me to, and it's fixed. My sound volumes were all down, which also hasn't happened before.

Looks that way (but I don't know enough about the operation of the board to say for sure):

Rountable: You can vote in polls in this forum Everything Linux: You cannot vote in polls in this forum

bvc.. you sure you didn't make the forum only votable by mods?
No?! :shock: Is that even possible? I didn't see that option.

Rountable: You can vote in polls in this forum Everything Linux: You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Where did you get that info?

And who's the bright soul that thought that one up :wink:

Oh yea.. :oops:

You can vote in polls in this forum

That's what it says for me, but why just for mods? This isn't the mod Section, which is the only place this would be necessary. Hmmmm...sloppy programming/site editing [cough] maybe? :lol: :wink: