amule crash

hippocampe

amule-2.1.3-2plf2007.0 crashes regularly on my comp (Mandriva 2007).

It happens when I close some result tabs in the search window. (but not every time I close a result tab)

This is the error I get in the console:

Gtk-ERROR **: file ../../gtk/gtkcontainer.c: line 2447 (gtk_container_propagate_expose): assertion failed: (child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container))
aborting...
Aborted

I suspect it's because I "Use my KDE style in GTK applications"

I'd ask on the amule board but it's down.... I wanted to see if anyone else have the same settings and noticed this problem?

Edited by hippocampe

I know several guys who happened to run into the same problem (some of them using fluxbox and xfce and not KDE) and all of them confirmed that this did not happen with 2005 and 2006 amule versions, so I'd say: a bug that should be reported to the Mandriva amule-package maintainer, unless it is a general bug in the current amule package (which needs to be verified somehow).

If it is an KDE theme issue, why should it crash then in Fluxbox, Rox or XFCE? :huh:

It is a wxGTK problem....No window manager bug...just wx bug...with wxGTK-2.8 that doesnt happen....I know cause i have tested it....

I have the same problem with aMule crashing every time I try to close active window, i.e. search or a new message window (most often spam messages).

If it's related to wxGTK, then how I can change it?

[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep wxGTK
wxGTK2.6-2.6.3-7mdv2007.0

In my repositories I have only

[zibi1981@localhost ~]$ urpmq -i wxGTK
Name		: wxGTK
Version	 : 2.4.2
Release	 : 12mdv2007.0
Group	   : System/Libraries
Size		: 787689					   Architecture: i586
Summary	 : GTK+ port of the wxWindows library

If it's related to wxGTK, then how I can change it?

You could compile wxGTK and aMule yourself...

Take a look here or

i have a few rpms of wxGTK-2.8 and a snapshot of a aMule as of today that seems to me stable enough...

You can grab it in http://www.savefile.com/projects/1075902

NOTE:You must uninstall the wxGTK-2.6.3 provided by Mandriva and install the 2 wx-base and wx-gtk2 version 2.8 for that rpm of aMule to work(They are in the above link)....besides you must run it in a console like this:

amule --even-if-lfroen-complains-this-will-stay

or create a desktop entry with that flag....About the flag....long story and its only needed in CVS versions.

Cheers....

Thanks for the replies.

I have removed the previous versions and installed the following packages from cooker:

amule-2.1.3-3plf2007.1

libwxgtku2.8-2.8.0-1mdv2007.1

wxgtk2.8-2.8.0-1mdv2007.1

I have not seen any crashes since then.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Seems that wxGTK2.8 is the only solution, but it conflicts with Audacity and some other application

that requires wxGTK2.6.

I was try to downgrade to the amule MDV2006 version, but the hyperlink on the amule website is currently invalid.

Still trying to find other solutions.

Take a look here or

i have a few rpms of wxGTK-2.8 and a snapshot of a aMule as of today that seems to me stable enough...

NOTE:You must uninstall the wxGTK-2.6.3 provided by Mandriva and install the 2 wx-base and wx-gtk2 version 2.8 for that rpm of aMule to work(They are in the above link)....besides you must run it in a console like this:

or create a desktop entry with that flag....About the flag....long story and its only needed in CVS versions.

Cheers....

I think all is running fine. Thx much :D

Edited by zibi1981

Take a look here or

Cheers....

I think all is running fine. Thx much :D

Cool!!! :P