Mandriva 2007 and LTSP local devices

Guest pikapika

Guest pikapika

Hi all.

Last year all PCs in our net had MDV 2005 LE, including a Terminal Server with LTSP 4.1.1. It worked fine, including access to local devices in terminals. I could configure it grace to the superb documentation I found at http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LocalMedia

A few ago I installed MDV 2007 to all computers. In the Terminal Server I did an upgrade. After few problems with dhcp, almost all is working as before, EXCEPT terminals local devices.

I have spent a lot of hours with that and I can't fix it.

Samba appears to work fine, as from terminals you can access to smb://nobody@IP-number/drives. But when you get into "drives" nothing appears there (there is the hidden file .hotplug only). There should be the folders floppy, cdrom and usbkey there.

With MDV 2005, these folders appeared there as soon as you tried to access those devices.

It seems that devices don't mount with supermout. That is the first thing it does according to the documentation.

Modifications to scripts GiveConsole and TakeConsole are made (as before with MDV 2005) in the way is explained in the documentation.

I don't understand what is going on. Log don't give much information.

I guess it has some relation with autofs and automount but I'm not sure. Actually the file auto.master has no entries and so autofs service don't start. But, according to the documentation, autofs seems no to be necessary. It is like a second way to make devices accessible to users (in a more comfortable way for them).

¿Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.