Connection Drops

So I'm going to tell you guys about my setup a little. My desktop is upstairs. I run Ubuntu Edgy and it seems to be doing very well. I use a Netgear WG111 (v.1) through ndiswrapper (as far as I know there are no Linux drivers for it) using the new and up-to-date Netgear Windows driver. My wireless router is downstairs (almost directly below me actually). It's a Netgear router. The router is connected to a cable modem which uses (I suppose) the standard DNS servers that my ISP gives me.

So here's the problem. Everytime I try to go to myspace.com (I know...it's sad) using my computer something happens and the internet connection goes down entirely for both myself and anyone else on the router. I can ping the cable modem. So I know I have my connection to the modem. I initially thought this was a problem with my connection and would give the 'sudo ifdown wlan0' followed shortly by a 'sudo ifup wlan0' to repull an ip addy. By the time it would repull it, methinks the modem had already gotten everything working again and so I would continue to believe this to be the problem. But the entire connection seems to stall. My wife's WinXP computer doesn't generate this problem when she visits myspace.com.

Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

[moved from Networking - arctic]