What kind of gamer are you?

Voltage

Just thought I'd open a thread cause im kind of curious to see what the most popular type of game is played. I personally like first person shooters, some third person shooters and a lot of shoot em ups. Strategy games are a lot of fun also, and puzzle games come in closely behind that.

MMORPG freak at your service: Everquest, Earth & Beyond, EVE Online, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Star Wars: Galaxies (even beta tested it!), Guild Wars...and a few other ones here and there. also your standard RPG's: NWN, NWN2, Fable...

I also enjoy a decent FPS from time to time...the quake series, the doom series, UT series, but not so much of a CounterStrike fan.

straight up old school: the descent and freespace series' (freespace being a descent spin-off), diablo 1 &2, fallout 1 & 2....and last but not least, the soul reaver series.

I'm not much of a strategy game type, i usually suck at those! although I do enjoy Warcraft III

FPS, primarily Quake and Doom series, all inclusive. The only other game I have installed is Torcs, I do like racing games as well. I'm thinking of giving some MMO games a whirl, generally speaking I don't play anything that isn't in the First Person Perspective, but this may change. I was really looking forward to Huxley, an upcoming First Person Shooter MMO game using the Unreal Engine, but I'm not sure it will have Linux support.

I was really looking forward to Huxley, an upcoming First Person Shooter MMO game using the Unreal Engine, but I'm not sure it will have Linux support.
One of my friends is looking forward to that game. Personally, I'm not sure how it'll work out...people have tried doing MMO FPS's with RPG elements before, and failed miserably :unsure:

i prefer role playing games with turn-based sequences. i suck at micro-managing especially in real-time. :lol2:

ciao!

angband!

otherwise, im a frustrated gamer, never finding a game quite to my liking for one reason or another, and unhappy with the state of games in general.

James

FPS, primarily Quake and Doom series, all inclusive. The only other game I have installed is Torcs, I do like racing games as well. I'm thinking of giving some MMO games a whirl, generally speaking I don't play anything that isn't in the First Person Perspective, but this may change. I was really looking forward to Huxley, an upcoming First Person Shooter MMO game using the Unreal Engine, but I'm not sure it will have Linux support.

Im probably more attuned to your tastes, i enjoy the uzzle games once in a while but those id software fast action fps shooters are the greatest 1rst person shooters out there. I also enjoyed the half-life series, which took more of a problem solving angle. I tried to install it a few weeks ago but found out that my version is severly outdated, and the only way to get it updated is to buy a subscription to a gaming file site, or just buy another copy. Any other (ex/current) half-life players out there? I'm refering to the originals by the way. :lol:

I'm the constant re-load type gamer, because I die a horrible, hideous death about every five steps.

:huh: So... god mode it is.... just call me the cheater! :lol2:

You are a doom-doom2 master however. Perhaps a "old school" gaming expert :eyebrows:

Edited by Voltage