fonts in firefox

G_Rammstein

Freshly installed mdk 2007, and i just installed the nvidia 9746 driver. Now it's the first time i run firefox, and the fonts in the pages just suck. it's small and letters are bumped one into each other. i tried increasing the font size, but this didn't do nothing. Anybody got any ideea about what the prob might be??

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Hello there,

have a look in the advance section of your fonts dialog and see if you have a check in 'Allow pages to select there own fonts......' If you have then quite a lot of pages will use windows fonts. This means changing your font size won't make any difference. You have a couple of choices here, you can either uncheck the box and use only your choices, or, install windows fonts.

If you install windows fonts then most, not all, pages will render correctlly, if you uncheck the box and play around until you get what you desire some pages with tables for headers will have the text overlapping input fields and such. I use firefox in the first mode as it gives the most consistent results.

This is my findings, hope it's of help. Of course I will be corrected if I am wrong. ;)

Edited by SilverSurfer60

• 2 weeks later...