Hands-on Review of Mandriva Flash

mindwave

does anyone even have a phone number for mandriva?

I have friday off, I'm willing to make some phone calls!

I'd have to dig out my documentation, but when you buy Power Pack there's a toll-free number for customer support in the manual.

If you get through to a human being, ask them to return my call from from four years ago.

;)

HEY NOW.

i DID buy power pak 2k6

good tip, let me look in my emails from that and see if theres a Number in there.

I'll let you know.

but i'm SURE that by then CORP will have swooped in and immediately claimed responsibility for EVERYTHING and resolved my issue completely.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wall::wall::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I slay me sometimes.............if i werent so pissed this would actually be amusing!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I slay me sometimes.............if i werent so pissed this would actually be amusing!

I know ! Ask them to return my letter from 5 years ago too ....

I honestly think your best bet mid term might be to get a image of one of the disks from another club member who has it... You probably wanna let Mandriva know how you feel but honestly I doubt they don't care.... you paid you money they don't care oif you use it or use it as a keyring...

In all the years I have been on this board I have neve3r heard of anyone getting customer service from Mandriva... and I mean ANY customer service even shoddy costomer service would be a start.

Strangely enough, because Service is everything nowadays. It must be in their interrest to make sure that the customers comes back and purchase another product. Especially when there's 100s of distros out there. But it could be that their services only apply big firms?

This is like an update.... I guess....

I just made a post there, we'll see what happens. All I'm trying to do is burn Audio CDs with K3B using FLAC files. Everyone here has given me all kinds of ways around the issue but not how to get K3B to burn using FLAC. Now I just learned from my brother Ixthusdan that in his 2007 ver. he can burn audio CDs using FLAC. I may have to upgrade, for now I would like to keep 2006 and modify K3B... if possible.

As far as I'm concerned, Mandriva Club is off my list, I received 1 reply. That's it... 1!! :angry:

Mandriva Users did what they could do. We didn't get the results I hoped but the gang is still trying. That means a lot to me. :D

• 2 weeks later...
This is like an update.... I guess....

I just made a post there, we'll see what happens. All I'm trying to do is burn Audio CDs with K3B using FLAC files. Everyone here has given me all kinds of ways around the issue but not how to get K3B to burn using FLAC. Now I just learned from my brother Ixthusdan that in his 2007 ver. he can burn audio CDs using FLAC. I may have to upgrade, for now I would like to keep 2006 and modify K3B... if possible.

As far as I'm concerned, Mandriva Club is off my list, I received 1 reply. That's it... 1!! :angry:

Mandriva Users did what they could do. We didn't get the results I hoped but the gang is still trying. That means a lot to me. :D

ACTUALLY

I did get my flash up and running again. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time to write the howto, its rather simple, but i want to make sure i get everything correct.

HOWEVER, it DID depend on having a KNOWN GOOD DD of a mandriva flash. Which i didnt have.

thanks to the linux community i have a working copy, which BTW i found you CAN dd to a 4gb device.

When i get the spare $ i may yet get an 8 or 12, they are just SO expensive right now.

HOWEVER the MCNLive project from NL now has a version that A) has Virtual City VN software installed (run XP in your Mandriva!). AND B) has the ability to be installed on my WD passport 60gb HD.

I thought I had the flash version working from it. Turns out it only worked from the PC that I did the dd from (go figure)

in case i neglected to mention it earlier, Mandriva sales said that the reason I hadnt heard anything was because 'their guy' was out sick.

everyone who would like to get paid to work on linux all day raise their hands!

whats with "the guy" sheesh even MY compan can afford more than 1 and we dont have NEAR the customer base mandriva does,

HOWEVER the MCNLive project from NL now has a version that A) has VirtualBox VN software installed (run XP in your Mandriva!). AND has the ability to be installed on my WD passport 60gb HD.

:g-balloon::r-balloon:

I should come here more often ...

--chris

please do, if your 'kris' from mcnl, please take your bows and tell us more, i know i;m only scratching the surface

Don't want to hijack this thread.

mindwave: the boys and gals from this board introduced me to Linux and Mandrake/Mandriva some years ago, helped me to get started. Never thought then I would ever build and develop such thing as MCNLive, oh and I am doing it in my spare time.

But I am paying a price with the success of this project, I don't have enough time to visit my 'roots' and say hi to the friends here.

If you have any questions, technical or whatever, don't hesitate to post them. Will try to answer.

Currently I am busy to write an introduction to VirtualBox for the final edition of MCNLive, for people who don't know what this virtualisation stuff is all about. I would like them to get started in a practical and friendly way.

--chris