Time to share the wealth

scoopy

Seems like the mirrors will be hammered for a while now that 9.1 final was announced today. A few lucky ones jumped the gun yesterday and downloaded the "RC3" release. I think we should join the effort at http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=4749 and offer it on eDonkey or whatever P2P program we are running.

I would setup my ftp for members here, but being with Comcast, I have a whopping total of 12.5 K/s upload available (data wise)--- so I figure the donkey is the best way to share this treasure.

i'd give people access to it on my system if it wasn't for the damned 1.5gb upload/download per week restriction i have. thankfully since the mirror i use is within the school network it doesn't count towards that total.

I saw Motts was offering. What kind of upload speed does Motts have?

Would you like me to try uploading disc 1 tonight Paul? (to the site's ftp incoming directory?)

Guessing we probally are all about the same speed --- Maybe Motts, me, and another each offer up one disc would help get this uploaded quicker.

i can offer up one disc, no problem (as in uploading it to someplace). it's more than one that would run into issues :-)

addition: if scoopy is taking disc 1, i'll be glad to upload disc 2.

OK, I went ahead and began uploading disc 1.

Looks like Tyme has volunteered to take care of disc 2.

Still need a volunteer for disc 3.

other notes:

I have renamed the RC3 filenames as followed:

Mandrake91-cd1-inst.i586.iso

Mandrake91-cd2-ext.i586.iso

Mandrake91-cd3-i18n.i586.iso

gFTP is reporting to be moving currently at 29 KB/s and expects to be finished by 6 a.m. Eastern Time. (whatever that works out over down under)

I'm currently grabbing all three discs and getting 57KBs so it should finish in approximately 8-10 hours say 7.15pm 12hrs at the outside.

Mind you things will change if that mirrror gets real busy during the day.

I have upload speed of approx 128 Kb/s (allegedly) so I can let some one have a disk I guess if you give me instructions!

I will share as soon as they are completely downloaded (saw the first iso was ok this morning, md5 ok and all, didn't start ed2k yet so as not to slow down the second and 3rd disc too much in downloading).

I will move all files I normally have under edonkey away, so there will be only mdk9.1 isos. Just 8kb/s upload connection, but if enough people share, you can get nice download speeds anyway.

Can anyone run 'bitcollider' on the md5 checked files and post the correct ed2k download link / md4 checksum?

{edit}

Just saw on pclinuxonline that the correct links should be:

ed2k://|file|Mandrake91-cd1-inst.i586.iso|682164224|7422d9374a1bd9187254de638f47c7d3|

ed2k://|file|Mandrake91- cd2-ext.i586.iso|681279488|bc5687f06ecf26e1f767623dc8f6421|

ed2k://|file|Mandrake91-cd3-i18n.i586.iso|681574400|82530029d63b3624020fcc40aa9ad625|

(see http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?n...&thold=-1#27735 in case I made an error in copying this..)

{edit}

That way, you can be sure to download the correct file, whether the name is ok or not (as it seems many are downloading the rc3 files, which are the same except for the name; they also have the same checksum of course). Also, you won't have to check the md5sum after downloading...

started transfer of CD2, gftp reports approx. 500kb/s, 20 minutes to finish. i have a feeling this is bound to change, but if not, oh well.

if no one volunteers for CD3 i _may_ be able to upload it, but i'll have to check how much upload i have left of my 1.5gb limit (damn school network).

Thanks Tyme, that seems like a fat upstream.

I figured since I don't have to worry about any upstream caps (only speedwise) I started upping disc 3 to this site.

So at this time, we should have disc 1 and disc 2 available to paul and other site admins here. My disc 3 upload should be finished by 5 pm Eastern time.

To everyone else sharing via the eDonkey, Limewire, etc. Thanks.

Guest josetann

I have the iso's on my site at http://www.thetechguide.com. I'll see if I have some time tonight to make a single DVD image, I have one from when cooker was frozen and it works fine, it saw all the packages and only prompted me to insert the contribs cd (if anyone knows how to integrate contribs in the DVD image, let me know...else I won't worry).