Pick a mirror, any mirror!!

ezroller

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we get some good copies of the CD, we can upload them to ftp.mandrakeusers.com so people here can get them..

as long as the board wont be unusable. :) i wish i havent cutoff my broadband. its a good thing one of the local LUG member sells them in their family business.

ciao!

what's the big rush?

will this do something 9.0 didn't do?

no sarcasm, just curious.

mandrake is a bleeding-edge distro. not much fun in being bleeding-edge when you are one release behind. :#:

and most are just after the updated and new packages. i for one am interested in what fruits the labors of the cooker development team has conjured.

ciao!

any examples?

i dont know about the new packages but for the updates, just consider all bugfixes to all packages that happened after 9.0 was released and at least 3 days before 9.1rc3 went final. im just pulling figures out of my head but the amount of updates in that timeframe is not trivial.

plus i hear 9.1 has new support for zeroconf, WiFi, and some other things. not that i need those but then they are just icing on the cake. :)

ciao!

joe: i've noticed some new packages that weren't in previous releases. ethtool is one of them, my friend uses it a lot for configuring his ethernet (he's a debian user). I'm currently learning how it works.

Other than that, you have the new kernel, and just the regular large amount of updated software.

ezroller and tyme - I used this mirror last night, and I for some reason, had to press the play button on kget to force the download to start. I was using konq (KDE 3.1) to open the sight and normally the downloads start right away, but for some reason the iso's did not. The files also did not seem to finish, but the filesize was correct and the md5sums checked out.

Also, 3 full ISO's in 2 and half hours, wow, that was nice, Go PSU.

Also, 3 full ISO's in 2 and half hours, wow, that was nice, Go PSU.

yeah, it's rarely linked to by mandrake (so no one really knows about it), but it has some nice speed, especially since i'm on the same network.