Pick a mirror, any mirror!!

ezroller

I just went for mirrors that are not on the 9.1 list, but on the 9.0 list; they had the rc3 versions, but the md5sums are the same, so nothing different there. (As we all know...)

Got ~30kB/s which is my max speed.

(I know that server, in the Netherlands can do nice speeds, a friend once downloaded all 3 isos of mdk9.0 in about five minutes.... If I'd have thought about it, I'd have arranged for him to set up an ftp server, I think he has at least 10Mbit/s upload speed..)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joehill

shit, got the first two iso's overnight, no fuggin blanks!

gotta go ta Walmart real quick.

decided gonna install on sep partition, if I can disable all that AA we'll see, but it would have to blow me away to get me away from my perfectly functioning 9.0 system.

if i am not impressed, my next move is to Debian folks...

wget -c filename.iso

wget (continue)

get right ???? .... :?

Hehe i used to use getright when i used windows, then i found netants which was better than getright imo.

But man wget is really good!

:cry:

I came home last night finding that halfway through the second cd the download had broken off, and the server was not allowing any connections...

Went to the mdkclub serverlist and wget -c on the second cd, which finished around 9pm, the 3rd is still underway (checked this morning before leaving for work), may take between 5 and 9 hours; unless it gets loaded even more..

The bad thing: yesterday evening I would have had plenty of time, but now it looks like I may have to wait until sometime next week... Unless I manage to do things tonight of course. Keeping my fingers crossed...

or kiwis email me ... I have them at home in hamilton

I was gonna put them up on my public server, but anon has it covered on mandrakeusers.com

not that i can take advantage of it now but why not put it up temporarily to help ease the burden on the swamped mirrors? just an idea. :)

ciao!