problem occurring when booting Mandriva Free 2007

zibi1981

Well, it looks like I'll have to try to compile a new kernel, althought I'm expecting many other issues to emerge. Especially considering that I'm using ATI drivers. On the forums, to which You gave a link, someone has written that

Using these kernels may be a problem if you are using the non-xorg (fglrx etc) drivers

But if this is the only way to resolve this very irritating problem, I'll try. Today my Mandriva hang up 4 or 5 times in a row on "Setting hostname localhost :"... :angry2:

Edited by zibi1981

I'll bet you did not check check the current errata . This problem has already been posted in Mandriva and the work around that I personally developed for the problem is here in Mandriva users and even recommended by Mandriva for the interum. Just do a little search here for it. If you can't find it then come back and I will track it for you.

When you read it take particular note of what I said about the grub bootloader setup.

Cheers. John.

Well, my problem did appear first when I installed Mandriva Free 2007. Before that, I never had it with Power Pack...

Funny thing. Guided by some suggestions, that this problem occurs because of some "USB issues", I disconnected my GamePad, which is a USB device. And since then the problem didn't come out.

Nonetheless I still want to compile a new kernel to optimize my OS.