ugly fonts for certain web pages [solved]

frozen

Do you have the MSfonts installed? In the Mandriva Control Center you can manage fonts and have it import all your fonts from your Windows Installation.

Do you know the exact name of this program? I searched and couldn't find it. My fonts in Firefox are also ugly

Do you have the MSfonts installed? In the Mandriva Control Center you can manage fonts and have it import all your fonts from your Windows Installation.

Do you know the exact name of this program? I searched and couldn't find it. My fonts in Firefox are also ugly

drakfont

or

MCC -> System -> "Manage, add and remove fonts. Import Windows fonts."

yes, I have installed MS fonts already.

still on certain pages fonts look broken or crushed as on the attachment i've included. they also look the same when I visit forums.powweb.com ..

I don't want to disable the feature in firefox because I like to view the webpage the way designer meant to be viewed..

This is a known issue, and you can safely blame it on a particular MS font.

One MS font that is quite ugly when rendered from your browser is Tahoma- at least its free edition for the web.

You can either set Tahoma being antialiased at ALL resolutions, or remove it completely.

Edited by scarecrow