Digikam 0.9.0

Hotbelgo

Thanks so much. :D

Your endless help encouraged me to relook at using MDE KDE, and I would like to be at 3.5.5. I have used it before but always seemed to have the odd dependency issue and sometimes the odd problem (I think I have mentioned HAL issues on these forums before).

This time I went to urpmi smart-suite and it immediately says it needs to install all the KDE updates. My understanding was that smart would be used for the KDE update, so I expected smart-suite to 1 or 2 packages at most, not 93. Is there a dependency problem here already?

HB

No, smart-suite is only a wrapper to install smart modules, doesnt requires anything else, and you are running urpmi, so what happens is that triggers the updates to be installed, that is a thing you must ask to mandriva developers.

As you know we do recommend smart since sometimes urpmi or rpmdrake create inexistant problems, anyway to just install smart-suite run rpmdrake and choose it instead runing urpmi.

Hmm smart-suite brings in ksmarttray that is built against and require mde kde.

So it is not a bug.

But if you just want smart and smart-gui thoose 2 should not require mde-kde.

Seams your not reading with attention what i say, if you do urpmi or rpmdrake it will laos upgrade your restant packages and if you dont have kde mde installed is natural that requires it, take a look now to what smart packages requires:

~]$ rpmquery --requires smart-suite

smart = 1:0.50-0.svn847.1.mde2007.0

smart-gui = 1:0.50-0.svn847.1.mde2007.0

smart-update = 1:0.50-0.svn847.1.mde2007.0

ksmarttray = 1:0.50-0.svn847.1.mde2007.0

rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

~]$ rpmquery --requires smart

python >= 2.4

python < 2.5

python

python-rpm

usermode-consoleonly

/bin/sh

rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1

python-base >= 2.4

python-base

libc.so.6()(64bit)

libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)

libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)

libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)

libpthread.so.0()(64bit)

Now as i said, smart-suite is a wrapper to install all smart rpms and that includes ksmarttray, and ksmarttray requires: libkdecore >= 30000000:3.5.5-1.mdv2007.0.mde

]$ rpmquery --requires ksmarttray|grep kde

libkdecore >= 30000000:3.5.5-1.mdv2007.0.mde

libkdecore.so.4()(64bit)

libkdefx.so.4()(64bit)

libkdeui.so.4()(64bit)

So if you dont want the mde kde installed (wich i dont get since is the best kde out there) you can simply install the packages:

smart

smart-gui

smart-update

Thanks so much. :D

Your endless help encouraged me to relook at using MDE KDE, and I would like to be at 3.5.5. I have used it before but always seemed to have the odd dependency issue and sometimes the odd problem (I think I have mentioned HAL issues on these forums before).

I dont know to what hal issues are you refering, it did happened some problems regarding hal with kde-3.5.4 but they were also resolved in mandriva2006, and you must give details about what your refering else we will not be able to help.

I dont know to what hal issues are you refering, it did happened some problems regarding hal with kde-3.5.4 but they were also resolved in mandriva2006, and you must give details about what your refering else we will not be able to help.

Yes, sorry, not sure why I mentioned all this as it just added confusion. The HAL problems were last year with 2006, and are no longer an issue for me.

HB