"No Cd-Rom found" problem

Guest Sinan

hi everyone,

I have a problem with mandriva 2007. when i boot my com on startup mandriva is starting to install. and then giving an erorr "No Cd-rom Found"

Can i install it the other ways ??

for example install from HDD.. ???

i have no floppy..

what can i do ??

:wall::wall:

Asus P5B

You are s^&t out of luck...

(I know because I have the same motherboard).

The onboard controller (Jmicron) is definitely not supported.

You should be able to install Fedora Core 6, Zenwalk 4 and/or SuSE 10.2, which use kernels older than 2.6.17.X without issues, but not Mandriva- not even Cooker. Sorry for that.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with Sinan. I can't install any kind of Mandriva/Mandrake or any other Linux.

I just don't think is a kernel version isue becouse I've tried to install Mandrake 9.2 and the same problem apeared.

Does anyone have any ideea what to do?

My box: Intel DG965RY motherboard, Intel D 820 Proc, Maxtor ATA HDD, Sony ATA DVD

Please help!!!!!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same problem with Sinan. I can't install any kind of Mandriva/Mandrake or any other Linux.

I just don't think is a kernel version isue becouse I've tried to install Mandrake 9.2 and the same problem apeared.

Does anyone have any ideea what to do?

My box: Intel DG965RY motherboard, Intel D 820 Proc, Maxtor ATA HDD, Sony ATA DVD

Trying Mandrake 9.2 on a new machine is unlikely to work. You can't compare that against Mandriva 2007. If you have new hardware, you need a newer distro release. Old distros will not work at all.

I have the same No CDrom found problem.

My motherboard is Abit AN8 Ultra. Do I have the Jmicron on?

No idea However, chances are it's possible. Check with google.

As scarecrow said, if you have jmicron, try Fedora 6. If it works, then obviously something with your hardware that isn't supported in Mandriva 2007.

I have installed Mandriva 2007 on an Asus AN8 Ultra without a problem.

When troubleshooting, it is best to start at the most obvious and then move to the most obscure. In the case of an installation error, the obvious is a good download and a good burn on good media. Next, check the cdrom device for performance and connectivity. Then, one might start to move into more obscure issues as described above. But the problem does not start in obscurity. There are many reasons why a cdrom device is not working. ;)