KMail configuration

zibi1981

I've managed to configure two of my e-mail accounts on KMail, so there is no problem getting and sending mail on them. But I don't know what to do to force KMail to collect my mail on startup. Also, anyone know how to make KWallet to remember the password, so I would not have to type it anytime I'm starting KMail?

We are at cross purposes. I don't want KMail to start with my system, but to collect my mail when it's started. I mean when I press KMail icon on my panel, and it's starting to run, I want it to automatically check my e-mail accounts. Is my point clear now?

Edited by zibi1981

We are at cross purposes. I don't want KMail to start with my system, but to collect my mail when it's started. I mean when I press KMail icon on my panel, and it's starting to run, I want it to automatically check my e-mail accounts. Is my point clear now?

Very simple solution:

Launch Kmail

Settings/Configure Kmail

select Accounts

On the Receiving tab, check "Check mail on startup".

Edited by edwardp

Well, I'm using it because of security issues. I mean my system is better protected, isn't it?. Anyone know how to configure KWallet to remember the password when it is beeing started? :dry:

I use the SeaMonkey suite for browsing and e-mail, which is why I do not use KWallet. :)

The usage of kwallet is for security reasons- everybody that uses your desktop has to enter the kwallet password to access your personal data.

You can bypass it either by opening a new wallet for usage of specific apps, or disabling the initial wallet altogether- make your choice.

So if I understood you correctly, there isn't a way to make KWallet remember my own password, when I'm using my personal Linux account? I have to type the password every time I'm prompted for it, wright?

I have to type the password every time I'm prompted for it, wright?

Simply keep your wallet open:

Open K-wallet and right click on it in your panel (taskbar), and select Configure Wallet.

In the Close Wallet section make sure you have all boxes unchecked.