acidrip [solved]

oldnoob

Hi

I am trying to migrate from mdv 2006 to 2007, but acidrip is causing me some grief.

I do hope it works in 2007, cause when I start it and click on the load button, down the bottom left it says "DVD read ok" but nothing shows up in the list. I did install it through mcc so I would have thought any dependancies would be installed if necessary.

This happens if I use the default path of /dev/dvd or if i copy to hard drive first and try to load from that directory which is what I generally did in 2006.

gmencoder would not not work for me in 2006 and it doesn't appear to be in the repositories anymore.

Any advise on how to get it working or suggestions for an alternative easy to use application would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got it working now. The problem appears to be with the lsdvd binary from my mandriva repositories, lsdvd 0.16-1mdv2007.

I have replaced it with 0.15 from my 2006 install, and now it works, for me. The chapters in the dvd now display.

According to sourceforge there is a bug and a patch for 0.16, but the patch didn't work, for me anyway.