Dell Inspiron 1501

Guest wilki

I have succesfully installed Mandriva 2007 on my Dell Inspiron Laptop-model 1501 which has an AMD dual core processor.I used the 4 cd version i586.It recognised my hard drive -something that has proven a problem for other distros on this machine -and manged to get online using the wireless set up by using the windows driver copied on to a cd rom and using the System config tool to set up the network(courtesy of the inbuilt ndiswrapper).It works very well both the wireless set up and the 2007 distro.

WIlki

• 1 month later...

wilki,

I too use dell inspiron 1501.. I have installed Mandriva 2007..It got installed but my wireless lan has not been detected.. did you try installing its driver? I connect to internet using wireless lan.. I am now logging in to shitty windows to browse internet..

Where do I get its driver?

I have only installed first two cd's of mandriva.. i still haven't installed the third cd.. do I have my driver in that?

pleasee help.. how do I make mandriva 2007 detect the wireless lan card I have...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fabien.henon
wilki,

I too use dell inspiron 1501.. I have installed Mandriva 2007..It got installed but my wireless lan has not been detected.. did you try installing its driver? I connect to internet using wireless lan.. I am now logging in to shitty windows to browse internet..

Where do I get its driver?

I have only installed first two cd's of mandriva.. i still haven't installed the third cd.. do I have my driver in that?

pleasee help.. how do I make mandriva 2007 detect the wireless lan card I have...

Hi !

I have Inspiron 6400 (I think it is an Inspiron 1501 for US)

and I have a PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection. I had to use my BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX Ethernet card to download the proper driver

But for me I had nothing to install. Everyhting worked fine