Mandriva One (KDE) US installation [solved]

Guest dennyk858

Guest dennyk858

I've installed Mandriva One on an old Dell for use as an Internet Kiosk for my company.

Everything works fine --- except:

I cannot get the date to display in US format - MM-DD-YYYY. No matter how I try to set it manually I always get DD-MM-YYYY.

The screensaver for the slide show runs one cycle and then reverts to a blank screen. I want it to continue in a constant loop while in the screen saver mode because its hard to tell walk-up customers that the PC is on but the screen is blank. There seems to be no way to do this.

Maybe someone could recommend an alternative screen saver package?

I recognize these are small points but they are important for a kiosk.

Thanks for your help.

For the screen saver, go to Control Center-Periphials- Display and at the top click the Power Control tab and make sure the Enable display power management is not checked.

For the date. go to Controll Center- Region & Accesability- Country Region & Language at the top click the Date & Time tab and change the short date format there. You will have to restart kde to make the date change permanent, I just reboot the computer.

Cheers

Remember to tick the apply button after everything you change.

Edited by mtriley98

Guest dennyk858

mtriley98:

Thanks your for very informative response. I will try both suggestions and report back.

Last question. If this is dumb then please excuse a rookie mistake. How do I tell what version of Mandriva One I have - 2006 or 2007? Is there any benefit to going to 2007 if it is available?