Burn Dual Layer Dvds [solved]

Arak

Hello,

I have a dual layer dvd burner and i was wondering if linux has any programs that allow someone to burn DL dvd's? Come to think of it, I also can't get linux to read my DL dvd's i've burned in windows. Is there something i need to install?

Thanks!

K3B is able to burn dual-layer dvd's. It should install all the software it needs (including dvd+rwtools). On the dual layers you burned, did you tell it to finalize it? Sometimes when going between windows and linux you have troubles if the cd/dvd isn't finalized.

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Some of the DVD's i've finalized and others i have not. I guess i'll try some others and see if they work.

As for burning with K3B, where can i find the dual burn options in there? I've used the program before and didn't notice them.

You probably haven't seen it in K3B because it does it automatically if there is a dual layer disc inserted. Why would it need to have a manual configurable.

If you look carefully in the k3b configure.------------> Devices you will see that it says whether your burner is dual layer compatable or not.

I think you are looking for a problem that isn't there.

Cheers. John.

You probably haven't seen it in K3B because it does it automatically if there is a dual layer disc inserted. Why would it need to have a manual configurable.

If you look carefully in the k3b configure.------------> Devices you will see that it says whether your burner is dual layer compatable or not.

I think you are looking for a problem that isn't there.

Cheers. John.

Alright, i found it. You're right, when i put in a DL disk it was ready for it.

Once again, thanks for the help.