RPM sources [solved]

Guest sblair0320

Open Mandriva Control Center (aka Configure Your Computer), there is a Software section. You can do it all from there, just add the sources before you browse.

have been trying to add sources using easyurpmi for the past hour with no success. after selecting the sources and typing inot konsole, i seem to be stuck at retrieving. this is what i get:

retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "plf-free"...

ftp://mdk.linux.org.tw/pub/plf/mandriva/2.../i586/hdlist.cz

...retrieving failed: curl: (28) connect() timed out!

retrieval of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed

no hdlist file found for medium "plf-free"

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]

problem reading synthesis file of medium "plf-free"

found 0 headers in cache

removing 0 obsolete headers in cache

wrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

unable to update medium "plf-free"

perhaps the server is down? i have tried from 2 different mirrors.

after selecting the sources and typing inot konsole, i seem to be stuck at retrieving.

Don't try typing those commands into a console, but use copy and paste instead. Because this way, you don't have any typo's.

And the command your using should be something like:

urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://mirror.cricyt.edu.ar/plf/mandriva/2...se/binary/i586/ with hdlist.cz

So the hdlist.cz part, isn't connected to the rest of the command.

You can try to use wget instead of curl (with the --wget option). But before adding new urpmi sources consider using smart as package manager. The new rpmdrake is a complete rewrite and still doesn't function exactly as it should. Unless you're not afraid of the command line because urpmi works.

Were you able to add other sources like main? Or you have this error message with all of them?

You can try to use wget instead of curl (with the --wget option). But before adding new urpmi sources consider using smart as package manager. The new rpmdrake is a complete rewrite and still doesn't function exactly as it should. Unless you're not afraid of the command line because urpmi works.

Were you able to add other sources like main? Or you have this error message with all of them?

i changed the server and finally managed to get everything in. thanks.

btw is there a relly good howto on installing and setting up smart for mandriva? throwing in the gui would be great. i used it when i was on suse and really liked it.

Edited by hellfried

Ther's no need to write a howto for this. Install smart, smart-gui and ksmarttray if you'd like an update applet. Add mirrors (channels) as you would do with urpmi just choose smart instead of urpmi in easyurpmi or smart-urpmi. Done.

i get an error when i try to install smart and gui (see attachment)

post-17126-1164490746_thumb.jpg