IPP request fail on Mandriva 2007 [solved]

alirezan1

hello guys

I installed mandriva 2007 and cups doesn't work. I keep getting this error:

"Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from the manager:

Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed for an unknown reason.

"

I reinstalled the cups server using URPMI, didn't help. I also removed cups components altogether and compiled the latest cups (1.2.6) and still get the same error.

I can use cups online administration interface on port 631.

It is really driving me crazy. Can anybody help please? Thanks

Ali

Have you applied updates to your system? Cups from a normal install of Mandriva 2007 doesn't work correctly. You also need to make sure that you have cups and cups-common installed, else you'll not get a driver installed. You also have to click the administrator mode button to be able to add printers, etc.

Have you applied updates to your system? Cups from a normal install of Mandriva 2007 doesn't work correctly. You also need to make sure that you have cups and cups-common installed, else you'll not get a driver installed. You also have to click the administrator mode button to be able to add printers, etc.

I have done all of these. I finally got it to work this morning. Here's what I did:

- Updated my CUPS with URPMI but didn't help.

- I installed a local USB printer and the error stopped. But the problem was I couldn't print anything with that printer.

- I installed a remote printer and again, no more errors and this time printer worked just fine!

Thanks

Ali

• 4 weeks later...