Firewall woes

Geneticus

I seem to be having a firewall issue I have outgoing connectivity but nothing incomming. I set up a teamspeak server earlier and it was running for a few hours and connectable. After rebooting it is no longer working.

I restarted the server (TS) and can access the web admin from that box but from no where else.

I looked at the NIC settings and the gateway field was blank. Updated and restarted the NIC.

I checked the firewall and the port is correct.

I am not behind a router (static IP).

I also alowed ping requests in the firewall settings and cannot ping from another location.

Any bright ideas out there?

Hi Geneticus,

you'll probably have to add one or more entries to your hosts.allow. This file grants explicit access to net services of your local machine.

On format and usage see here:

http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl5_hostsal.htm

It's not as complicated as it may look at first. After you get the concept, it's probably enough to read through the Examples.

Also make sure your firewall is open for incoming connections to the port your TS server is listening on.

Edited by scoonma

OK after looking around in some of the network tools, I have discovered that the Public NIC eth1 isn't connected. I go into Monitor connections, turn on the logs and hit connect ethernet.

A few seconds later it says the same thing and there is no error in the log.

just:

net_monitor[8959]:running:/sbin/ifup eth1 daemon

I went back into manage connections and the gateway listed on both NICs is the same which is not what I put in originaly, nor what I put in the second time around.

I clicked apply and closed then reopened the window, the NIC was reset to the other NIC's Gateway.....

Edited by Geneticus