Need advice on connecting to MS Exchange server

kmc77

I need some help setting up a mail client that will connect to a local MS Exchange server.

I have read that this is impossible in Thunderbird, but quite easy in Evolution, although, after several setup attempts, I have been unable to successfully connect in Evolution. Is there another app. that I may have an easier time with, or is there anyone who has had success in Evolution? I can still connect to my mail with the Exchange webmail route, but this is regularly "down" and it would be much more convenient to connect directly.

If you have Evolution 2.0 or newer then the Evolution Exchange Connector is integrated into the software. Try following these instructions.

Thanks for the link tyme, but I'm stuck on the very first step of the instructions. "Select Exchange Server". I'm running Evo. 2.6.3, and my plugins list Exchange (it's checked). But it doesn't show up on the server type selection list, when creating a new acct. Any Ideas?

*EDIT*

Please disregard - It seems that you do, still, have to install another exchange plugin. Everything is setup and running now. Thanks for the help.

Edited by kmc77

*EDIT*

Please disregard - It seems that you do, still, have to install another exchange plugin. Everything is setup and running now. Thanks for the help.

What plugin was it? for future reference...

And damn all those google links for lying to me...

Technicaly, your searches were right. There is an exchange plugin included with the package, but I don't know what it is used for, because it didn't help with a MS Exchange server. I pulled up the same answers when I was Googling for help. Anyway, the add'l plugin package was named evolution-connector. Everything was clear and easy to set up once the right plugin was loaded. Hopefully someone else will find this info. useful. Thanks again.