can't hear sound online

i am using fedora 5 on my laptop and the model no is Toshiba L10-273. i have been trying to play video online such as video.google.com and youtube.com, i can see the videos but can not hear the sound at all. i check the sound card and its working as the sound test was ok. i checked the sound levels as well they are all up at the highest level, but still no luck can any one help please? thanks.

courtesy of LEXX in a previous thread.

Lexx

post Nov 8 2006, 12:16 PM

Post #2

I've been having this problem too. I finally googled around long enough and found that the following did the trick for me. I maybe wrong but I'm going to guess you are using KDE. Go into the KDE Control Center and in "Sound System", change the "Auto Suspend if idle" timer to 1-2 seconds. Another option I found is to change the duplex from full to half, this didn't work for me. And the final option I found was to edit the FIREFOX_DSP setting to "aoss", but I could not locate such a file in 2007 using `locate`. The first option worked fine for me. I'm providing the rest as additional information. Of course, your milage may vary. Hope this helps.

John.

Edited by AussieJohn

• 2 weeks later...