9.1 Final

Guest gg4

Pre-ordering started today, so it will be a day or 10 before ISO's will be available. You could always settle for the last RC, most of the time there is hardly any difference with the final.

(RC2 is 3 CD's , final is 2 CD's , so who knows you might be better off downloading today ! )

Pre-ordering started today, so it will be a day or 10 before ISO's will be available. You could always settle for the last RC, most of the time there is hardly any difference with the final.

(RC2 is 3 CD's , final is 2 CD's , so who knows you might  be better off downloading today ! )

Where did you learn that final is 2 cds?

This is the standard edition. What about the download edition? Since Adobe acrobat and NVIDIA_* stuff isn't GPL then they can't include these in the download edition.

I'm sure it will be 3cds.. like usual

MOttS

You could always settle for the last RC, most of the time there is hardly any difference with the final.
I strongly disagree. I know of several critical bugs that have been fixed after RC2 and there are several others which are yet to be fixed. Always go by the "final" version.

To Motts:

I do ALWAYS order my final versions boxed. Kind of support to mandrake, for the same reason I became a Mandrake Club Member. I think great software is worth supporting in any way possible. ( If your budget allows you to )

Yeah, I wish I had that budget :(.

Never feel sorry for not spending money you don't have. The guilt trip that Mandrakesoft tries to lay on its users is positively sickening and you would not find that kind of behaviour in many other businesses. It makes me think of a bad acid trip, which thankfully I never had, despite numerous excursions to that state of consciousness.

Counterspy

This is the standard edition.  What about the download edition? Since Adobe acrobat and NVIDIA_* stuff isn't GPL then they can't include these in the download edition.

I'm sure it will be 3cds.. like usual

MOttS

Nope, it won't. Only 2 CDs. Mandrake has hacked away alot of packages.

To Motts:

I do ALWAYS order my final versions boxed. Kind of support to mandrake, for the same reason I became a Mandrake Club Member. I think great software is worth supporting in any way possible. ( If your budget allows you to )

Well said that man!

Here, here!

My budget is limited, but what a boxed distro costs is about the same as a night out, and I get a helluva lot more enjoyment out of Mandrake. :D

To Motts:

My budget allow me to support Mandrake but I don't see why I would pay for something that is fundamentally free. This product is given away under the GPL and I don't have to feel cheap to not support Mandrake. If they really want to make money they can still swith to a more restrictive licence. In that case I could get a key_gen on astalavista.com or eDonkey or KaZaA like I did with Winboooz. Anyway, since the core software (Linux) is under the GPL I don't think they could restrict the license even more..

This is why I'm going to download 9.1 as I do since 8.1 and if there is full of bugs, like in 9.0, I'm going to swith to another distro and that's it. I don't feel incorfortable saying that because LINUX IS FREE. That's the pleasure of Linux, lot's of free stuff !!

So you can now start to argue my opinion, you are FREE to do so.. like Linux is :P

MOttS

Guest Adriano

Trying to troll, are you? linux, GNU & the lot are "libre" software (that damn "free" word with so many meanings...). That freedom everyone is talking about includes the freedom to make money out of it. Of course, Mandrakesoft could just stop releasing their distro for free in order to stop those freeloaders like you. They are just kind enough not to.