GLXGears with 3D Effects

Glennzo

I cannot belive you think 2007 is hte easiest distro to install. I have had nothing but trouble since I started, nad I have installed mutliple version of mandrake to date.

glxgears doesn't even seem to be installed nor does urpmi know anything about.

I've installed a lot of Linux distros in the last 4 or 5 years, including Mandrake/Mandriva. Mandriva 2007 Free has to have been one of the easiest I've installed. But alas, that's on MY hardware. Your mileage may vary. What else can I tell you?

I cannot belive you think 2007 is hte easiest distro to install. I have had nothing but trouble since I started, nad I have installed mutliple version of mandrake to date.

glxgears doesn't even seem to be installed nor does urpmi know anything about.

It's due to the fact of modular xorg. Thereby only installing the xorg components that you need. The mesa-demos, as originally mentioned has all the glxgears, glxinfo commands, etc, to allow you to test how you could do it all before with previous versions of Mandrake/Mandriva.

Pain, yes, but once you know the package, it's easy enough. If you want to find such package in the future, do this:

urpmf --files glxgears

this will search the files for glxgears and should also list the package name as well along side it. Working example:

[ian@europa ~]$ urpmf --files glxgears
mesa-demos:/usr/bin/glxgears

there were more results, and it can take a while to search of course, I broke it early, because I'd found what I wanted to show you.