Firefox in Mandriva2007

AussieJohn

My sound system is functioning OK as shown by usage of XMMS and KsCD.

Although I have the volume control on the bottom of UTube screens appearing in Firefox set to max, I am not getting sound through.

Anyone got a clue on this one, please.

Cheers. John.

My sound system is functioning OK as shown by usage of XMMS and KsCD.

Although I have the volume control on the bottom of UTube screens appearing in Firefox set to max, I am not getting sound through.

Anyone got a clue on this one, please.

Cheers. John.

I've been having this problem too. I finally googled around long enough and found that the following did the trick for me. I maybe wrong but I'm going to guess you are using KDE. Go into the KDE Control Center and in "Sound System", change the "Auto Suspend if idle" timer to 1-2 seconds. Another option I found is to change the duplex from full to half, this didn't work for me. And the final option I found was to edit the FIREFOX_DSP setting to "aoss", but I could not locate such a file in 2007 using `locate`. The first option worked fine for me. I'm providing the rest as additional information. Of course, your milage may vary. Hope this helps.

That was one of the things I tried from the suggestions, namely about:config and there was nothing in there about it. Using the word sound there were two references and were enabled.

I too hope our good man can give us more detail on the DSP point.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

Here's the link where I first read about the FIREFOX_DSP setting. It appears this would be an enviornment variable, but I cannot say for certain. I just realised that I omited the location of the file where it is supposed to be located. It's in the link but here it is as well: /etc/firefox/firefoxrc. My fault for omitting that. Appologies for the confusion.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sh...ad.php?t=453292

I also Goolged for FIREFOX_DSP as well as firefoxrc.

I found that too, on an Ubuntu forum. I couldn't find that directory or file in Mandriva, and I used slocate which should have found it. Unfortunately not.....

Ah well :P