2007 one not connecting to internet

oshunluvr

My new 2007 One install won't connect to the internet. The previous 2007 install did and 2006 does no problem. So far I've only edited the ifcg-eth0 script to look like the previous install and like the 2006 install but still no internet. BTW I am able to access my home network no problem. Where do I look next?

My ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0

BOOTPROTO=static

IPADDR=192.168.1.100

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

NETWORK=192.168.1.0

BROADCAST=192.168.1.255

GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

ONBOOT=yes

METRIC=10

MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

USERCTL=yes

IPV6INIT=no

IPV6TO4INIT=no

PEERDNS=yes

PEERYP=no

PEERNTPD=no

I would say, check /etc/resolv.conf for valid DNS entries, and if that has them, the next place is disabling IPV6:

Edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add:

alias net-pf-10 off

then reboot. You might also need to do in your browser, if Firefox, type about:config in the url bar, filter for ipv6 and set it to true to disable ipv6.

I would say, check /etc/resolv.conf for valid DNS entries, and if that has them, the next place is disabling IPV6:

Edit /etc/modprobe.conf and add:

alias net-pf-10 off

then reboot. You might also need to do in your browser, if Firefox, type about:config in the url bar, filter for ipv6 and set it to true to disable ipv6.

Thanks - I hate it when I'm dumb. About five minutes after my post I opened resolv.conf and found it blank! Duh...I added my dns servers but haven't had time to reboot (now I'm at work) but I'm 99% sure it'll work. I'll disable ipv6 next thing. BTW, the way you suggest is new to me and I've seen 3 or four other ways to do it. Is one methed better than another?

Thanks - I hate it when I'm dumb. About five minutes after my post I opened resolv.conf and found it blank! Duh...I added my dns servers but haven't had time to reboot (now I'm at work) but I'm 99% sure it'll work. I'll disable ipv6 next thing. BTW, the way you suggest is new to me and I've seen 3 or four other ways to do it. Is one methed better than another?

you probably want to change PEERDNS to No prior to rebooting if you count on your manualy edited resolve.conf

Here's my howto on disabling ipv6. As you can see lots of methods.

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?act=ST&...=22&t=35816

the thing is, I've always used the method I wrote before, and I keep doing this, even though there are other methods. It's a case of what you prefer :P