libXft.so.1 on Mandy 2007

Dang, tyme was too fast. Again.

But I'll add anyway that rpm.pbone.net is useful for this kind of question, you can search there for rpms that contain certain files. By looking for your libXft.so it brings up several SeerOfSouls rpms for Mandriva 2006, eg libxorg-x11-devel-6.9.0-11.1.20060.SoS.i586.rpm which sure enough has in its contents /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.

My guess is that after all the Xorg changes, it might be a little painful to get this to work with 2007.

My guess is that after all the Xorg changes, it might be a little painful to get this to work with 2007.
Yup. I'm guessing Qchem is trying to run some legacy app that probably won't see an update anytime soon!

Yup. I'm guessing Qchem is trying to run some legacy app that probably won't see an update anytime soon!

Yeah, it's also proprietary so I can't get at the code and when a new version is released I have no idea if it will work.

To save pain on my part it might be best that I try a different distro, one with Xorg 6.something