Arch and Ndiswrapper

I have a card which uses an atheros chipset. I've been using a driver which I downloaded ages ago and has worked flawlessly for a while.

I recently did a pacman -Syu which included a kernel upgrade and an ndiswrapper update. My kernel is currently 2.6.18.1-1 and my ndiswrapper is 1.26-1

Since the upgrade my networking has failed - the card no longer seems to work at all. This isn't all that surprising since ndiswrapper -l lists the driver as follows:

ndiswrapper invalid driver!

net5211 driver installed

I'm at a loss to understand how to move forward when I know I have a perfectly valid .inf file - but I'm getting nothing out of the card at all...

Any ideas?

It shouldn't be too difficult to resolve- but did you follow THAT thread anytime?
I think you messed up the link, there...I don't think becoming a trusted user would help phunni ;)

I would suggest following the setup instructions here to do a reinstall/reconfiguration. It may be that with the new kernel and new version of ndiswrapper some configuration data may have changed...reinstalling may correct it.

I had the same problem ages ago in arch after an upgrade. I could never get it working again, and thus removed arch.

Don't get me wrong, I like arch, I was just impatient and couldn't find a solution ;)

I have tried doing a reinstall and reconfiguration - no joy. One of the first things I tried was simply downgrade both the kernel and ndiswrapper assuming that previous version would work as they had done before - but not...

I guess I could try and hunt down a differnet .inf file and see if I can get any joy that way - it#s just a pain in the arse since I have to download on my laptop and then transfer it to the Desktop - sometimes I wish I still had a floppy drive!

I that - a while ago. Had no responses except one person telling they had a similar issue - so I brought it here...

Here, I've already had many more responses - even if they're mostly telling me to do things I've tried. Which none of you knew since I didn't tell you - so I massively appreciate the help! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed in the following way:

1) Downgraded ndiswrapper. This got rid of the invalid driver message, but when doing "lspci" I saw no mention of the card...

2) So I moved it to a different pci slot

All fixed now (currently doing a MASSIVE update - which I'm nervous will break everything...), but I'm wondering whether I can upgrade ndiswrapepr again... Is it possible that the pci failure came as a result of the upgrade?