OpenGL problem when compiling Wine 0.9.24 [solved]

Nik123

Hallo all! Today I tried to compile Wine from source code- version 0.9.24, because there is no precompiled .rpm for this version in the download section of winehq.org yet. I started with the wine installer- ./tools/wineinstall. It seems that the configure pass OK, but:

configure: WARNING: Wine will be build without OpenGL or Direct3D support

configure: WARNING: because something is wrong with the OpenGL setup:

configure: WARNING: No OpenGL development headers were found

Configure finished. Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.

We need to install wine as root user, do you want us to build wine,

'su root' and install Wine? Enter 'no' to continue without installing

That means, I think, that I will not be able to play any game, because there wont be a Direct 3d or Opengl support. Where some installers says that there is no development headers, I ordinary install the -devel package, but I couldn't find any package, named "opengl-devel". My videocard is nvidia FX 5500 256 RAM, now with installed driver dkms-nvidia- 8776 from Cooker, but with the version 8774 from 2007 official mirrors I had the same problem with Wine.

My OS is Mandriva 2007 "sunna" RC2, GNOME 2.16, kernel 2.6.17-5mdv

How to solve that problem with Wine 0.9.24 and Opengl? Thanks in advance

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

configure: WARNING: Wine will be build without OpenGL or Direct3D support

configure: WARNING: because something is wrong with the OpenGL setup:

configure: WARNING: No OpenGL development headers were found

How to solve that problem with Wine 0.9.24 and Opengl? Thanks in advance

First off, how come you're rolling your own WINE? I'm almost positive there's a binary (rpm) for mandriva.

Second, the OpenGL headers are probably contained in a package called libmesa-dev or something similar. Just install that and you should be fixed.

If not, then you need to dig around in the config script and find out what files it's looking for so you can install them/point the configger at them.

Have Fun!

No binaries exist by now for the 0.9.24 version (for Mandriva), that's why I'm trying to build from source. But, I solved the problem in this way: I deinstalled nvidia and dkms-nvidia packages and then installed the latest driver (same version like the dkms-package from cooker-8776) from the nvidia.com site- NVIDIA-Linux-xxxxxx.pkg1.run and then wine has been built successfully, without "couldn't find opengl development headers" error message. Maybe these headers are missing or not have been installed by the dkms-nvidia package???