lm_sensors and Mandriva 2007

sjaglin

Hi there,

I installed 2007 using the one version and after installing lm_sensors I get the following message :

[stephane@localhost ~]$ sensors
Can't access procfs/sysfs file
Unable to find i2c bus information;
For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and libsensors
was compiled with sysfs support!
For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
[stephane@localhost ~]$
[stephane@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.17-5mdvlegacy
[stephane@localhost ~]$

I have attached a file with description of my modules.

lm_sensors works well on my partition where 2006 is installed so not a hardware problem, I a m stuck !

Thanx for your help!

Stef :o

Edited by sjaglin@yahoo.co.uk

Did you go through the sensors setup, as root, on your 2007 install?

sensors-detect

If so, try running the command again. Possibly something changed??? Just a guess of course. :)

question: why the legacy kernel? it's possible that this kernel doesn't have the proper modules to support lm_sensors, you may want to go with a regular kernel instead of the legacy...just the first thing that popped into my head. and, as far as i can tell, your system isn't a legacy system :P

question: why the legacy kernel?

Well I don t know why the legacy kernel, it is the one that 2007 has installed for me by default! The strange thing as well is whatever I do it installs the 32bits version instead of the 64bits!

Anyway, I ve put the 2.6.17-5mdv

as well as the source and it actually did solve some of my problems (thanx for that) but I still can't make lm_sensors work!

Stef

:wall:

I was also using 2.6.17-5mdv and lm-sensors and had no problem. I just installed the rpms for lm-sensors and gkrellm using urpmi and then ran sensors-detect. The only problem I had was the flooding into my logs of temperature out of range errors. I had to go into the config file and turn off those messages.

I had to go back to Mandriva 2006 because my web cams don't work with 2007. So, I have 2006 and 2007 set up as dual boot. I'm using lm-sensors with gkrellm on both systems without any problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi There !

Few months down the line I have solved most of my issues with 2007 But, the main one is still there : I can t manage to make lm_sensors work on it....

My kernel is : 2.6.17-8mdv and my version of lm_sensors is : sensors version 2.10.0 with libsensors version 2.10.0 (obtained by doing sensors -v).

I am quite stuck now, so I try to revive the thread...

I attached a file with the main important info I did get whilst doing sensors-detect into a .txt file.

I suppose my question is : how do I find out if my mobo's sensors are supported by the current kernel, baring in mind that they are detected correctly under mdv 2006.

I don t really what to do next , so any contribution will be appriciated!

Stef

:wall:

• 4 weeks later...

Are you using KDE ???.

If so then try installing Ksensors. It won't fix your problem if there really is a problem but it may help make it a little easier to help solve the problem since it is a gui for lmsensors. Not everyone can solve all their problems with the cli. :D :D :D

Cheers. John.

Hi John,

Yeah, I ve tried that and it shows no sensors! I m not integrist of the CLI, it just can t be helped now and again. I use gkrelm and it shows all but temps and fan speed. I use hddtemp for the hard drives temp and that works.

Stef