Mandriva 2007 Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How is it?

• Great
    • Good
    • it's ok at best
    • Bad
    • Ugly

I voted "good". It does its job very well - if it works with your hardware setup. I would have voted "great" if RAID and SATA drive setups would work better and if my old (linux compatible) OKI printer would be supported again.

Voted "Good At Best" because of the post-installation problems with urpmi (the installation from the Mandriva One CD was absolutely flawless-maybe the most painless one I've ever made!), and since I cannot give it a second chance in my current system (the JMicron SATA/PATA controller not supported), I can't improve my mark.

Edited by scarecrow

Well Ive elected for 'good'. Which it is in comparison to FC5 it does all that & more stable (much more). Unfortunatley the printing side on 2007 is just not working (yet) & Ive read a few issues from other OPs who have had similar issues with printing.. All in all its still on my HD which can only be a 'good' thing ;)

good. this is the first mandriva installation i have that setup my wireless almost painlessly. i had to use the firmware on a package for another distro (noarch). the ndiswrapper pointed to a dead link so i am not sure why they cant offer the firware on plf?

nevertheless, installation was still good in my laptop.

ciao!

I voted Good at best because I had quite a lot of problems so far that a newbie would not have bee able to overcome therefore I think it is still a development release. 2006 updated with kiosk gives me perfect results first time.

Stef

Good for me.

If there was a very good I would have used it, great would have been a bit overexaggerated for me, because there are some minor glitches, but overall it really works fine.

Would like to vote, but I honestly havn't tried Mandriva 2007 yet.

I tried it with a vmware session ... but with all the problems Ive seen here I can't go above just about OK...

even that's a push... the basic gripe being a screwed URMPI and all the previously supported hardware that no longer works... its hard to say which of these is most serious... I guess if your HW works then its not an issue? until the next release when perhaps it doesn't?

Would like to vote, but I honestly havn't tried Mandriva 2007 yet.
I downloaded the dvd recently...going to give it a try. I'm one of those, check out the most recent release and then delete types. I much prefer my more-power-user-oriented arch install (or, now, OS X on my laptop :D)