NTP - Standard/Daylight Savings Time change

edwardp

You're not accounting for the people who are on the internet late at night, or don't go to sleep until 4am in the morning with being on mub or chatting :P

They have the lights on, plus their PC using at least 300W of power (unless it's a laptop) :lol2:

Actually, in the dead of winter (December 30th) the sun will come up at 7 and twilight ends at 7:30, which matches up with the standard summer time and when most people get up ;)

That would be amazing to have 12 hours of daylight in the dead of winter. Or even 11 or 10... On the other hand in the UK when it's going dark already before 4pm then it's not quite so funny... Here it's about 5pm but I'd prefer it if they just stuck to summer time and make it 6pm.

Actually, in the dead of winter (December 30th) the sun will come up at 7 and twilight ends at 7:30, which matches up with the standard summer time and when most people get up ;)

That would be amazing to have 12 hours of daylight in the dead of winter. Or even 11 or 10... On the other hand in the UK when it's going dark already before 4pm then it's not quite so funny... Here it's about 5pm but I'd prefer it if they just stuck to summer time and make it 6pm.

I think you misunderstood me, both the 7 and 7:30 were in AM, and I kind of switched them up - what we call civil twilight starts at 7, and the sun rises at 7:30. civil twilight is that time of light before the sun actually comes up over the horizon.

• 3 months later...