Wifi & NTFS

pete@icausainc.com

Hey Guys .. stupid here ... did the honorable thing & dropped 2006 in favor of [again] RC2007 which gave me all kinds of sheet before ... cannot get the Centrino iwp220 firmware to interface with the Chipset, even though I did a manual RPM install from my 2006 INTEL\FIRMWARE CD ??? Need help ...puleeezz ...

Also this rendition does not read my 100GIG ext NTFS drive, whereas 2006 does ....why not ???

TNX

[moved from Talk-Talk by spinynorman]

Hey Guys .. stupid here ... did the honorable thing & dropped 2006 in favor of [again] RC2007 which gave me all kinds of sheet before ... cannot get the Centrino iwp220 firmware to interface with the Chipset, even though I did a manual RPM install from my 2006 INTEL\FIRMWARE CD ??? Need help ...puleeezz ...

I believe you need your kernel-source, although you don't mention if it's installed or not, use:

rpm -qa | grep kernel

to see what items are installed, and also see if it exists in /usr/src with:

ls -l /usr/src

post the output of both commands if you're unsure.

Also this rendition does not read my 100GIG ext NTFS drive, whereas 2006 does ....why not ???

TNX

Post the contents of your /etc/fstab.

in favor of [again] RC2007

I hope by RC2007 you don't mean a 2007 Release Candidate...because 2007 final is out, and if you didn't install that (but instead installed from RC cd's) you really should download it and install it - as updating could possibly be painful ;). Get it here.

I hope by RC2007 you don't mean a 2007 Release Candidate...because 2007 final is out, and if you didn't install that (but instead installed from RC cd's) you really should download it and install it - as updating could possibly be painful ;). Get it here.

Hey ... tnx for sane advice .. sure beats the hyberbole rant I got from some whackjob out of gay paree recently .... my 2006 ran flawlessly ... but stoopid here needed another challenge .. 2007 sans ipw/etc is a real PIA to get connected ... for the quasi-illeterates amongst us who do not want to re-invent the wheel + all those folks who are playing, we really want KISS INSTALLS and/or advice. I must have 15/20Gig in Manriva downloads, plus another 30/40G in all the others .. M2006 is great - the desktop on 2007 more better but at what cost??!!

Its a little like social responsibility - you guys are on the firing-line & its up to you to make the process real simple - not need to go back to school simply to install something you dont want. Man is by far the best of bunch, but this rendition smacks of Xandros - maybe liberte has a hand in it .. BR>Pete

PS Must be getting chilly where you are, by now.

PPS Still no easy way to get ipw to work, d/l final cut - I hope - will revert ASAP - any NTSF ideas?? end

I believe you need your kernel-source, although you don't mention if it's installed or not, use:

rpm -qa | grep kernel

to see what items are installed, and also see if it exists in /usr/src with:

ls -l /usr/src

post the output of both commands if you're unsure.

TNX

Post the contents of your /etc/fstab.

TNX - BR>P

you guys are on the firing-line & its up to you to make the process real simple

Erm, we're not Mandriva, we are an unofficial forum, complain here if you have problems, because we don't fix the distro, we just help people with problems. You can also find the official Mandriva forum here too:

http://www.mandriva.com

as I said, we are just users of Mandriva who help people - we don't get paid for it, we don't develop the distro ;)