Fedora Core 6 (Zod)

Reiver_Fluffi

If there's anyone interested in downloading Fedora Core 6 via Bittorrent et al, the torrents are now available (5 mins before they were expected :D). Have fun.

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

I'm currently downloading the dvd-i386 torrent at the moment, looks pretty healthy thus far, oply 5 mins needed to reach full bandwidth :thumbs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the full release? Man, and I've just installed Fedora 5 on my machine at home and it finished updating early this morning :o

Yes.... :lol2:

Drink more coffee, do stupid things faster!

Sounds familiar? :P

P.S. I did the same when FC5 was released, installed FC4 two days before...

Don't worry about me, worry about my wife. Man, the computer was on from 7pm until 5am when I woke up cos of the little one, and checked the computer to see if it's finished.

Don't wanna go through it again cos she'll go mental, was bad enough the first time ;)

Actually, nah it might be OK maybe they don't have too many updates to install. I had 320 updates after the FC5 install, and since it was near end-of-life if you like, perhaps this is why.

Don't worry about me, worry about my wife. Man, the computer was on from 7pm until 5am when I woke up cos of the little one, and checked the computer to see if it's finished.

Don't wanna go through it again cos she'll go mental, was bad enough the first time ;)

Actually, nah it might be OK maybe they don't have too many updates to install. I had 320 updates after the FC5 install, and since it was near end-of-life if you like, perhaps this is why.

Yeah, and that is what is nice about the re-spins, so if you want to install 3-6 months after the release, less updates :)

http://torrent.fedoraunity.org/

I am using the torrent for the first time. What is the expected time frame? I am showing 2595 seeds. Is that good? I am then showing 15 peers with 7 seeds with a swarm speed of 1Mps.

I am using the torrent for the first time. What is the expected time frame? I am showing 2595 seeds. Is that good? I am then showing 15 peers with 7 seeds with a swarm speed of 1Mps.

Just depends on how many people keep filling it up. If your d/l speed seems decent compared to getting it from a mirror than keep using it.

ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/6/*/iso

Normally has good speeds to, but if your downloading at 1mbs that is pretty high ;)

I think we should ask arctic to make his review of FC6 like he had done previously.

are you suggesting that we make him work and us reap the benefits? if so, i wholeheartedly agree. :cheesy:

jk arctic. seriously, if you have any comments though that'd rock.

Edited by JonEberger