Firefox 2.0 Available Now

jboy

I wonder, how different is 3.0 alpha from the stable 2.0 release? it seems like it'd be too early to really see any differences (thereby making running it almost pointless...especially at this early a stage of development).

Well folks, Mozilla isn't exactly happy with people linking to these files. As such, I have to remove jboy's links (sorry guys!) as that's what Mozilla has requested of everyone who has linked to it. It's only a few more hours until the actual release, so, I'm sure you can wait :P

Well folks, Mozilla isn't exactly happy with people linking to these files. As such, I have to remove jboy's links (sorry guys!) as that's what Mozilla has requested of everyone who has linked to it. It's only a few more hours until the actual release, so, I'm sure you can wait :P

To be honest, it's their own fault, and I do not see anyone holding their hands up and saying yes, we could have done better, I find it hard to have sympathy with a developer showing such ignorance.

Well, the link tyme added is dead. (no, wait, I finally got it!) FWIW, I downloaded the file late yesterday; earlier in the day it was being blocked. I could see it but not get it.

I installed Firefox 2 and IE 7 on the windows side of my laptop. While IE 7 actually looks nicer and runs much better than IE 6, Firefox is still faster and smoother than IE hands down. Of course I won't use IE because it is still a security nightmare. Everything IE has added is copied after the leader, Firefox. B)

Everything IE has added is copied after the leader, Firefox.

Copying - is a important stage in a learning process, so there is nothing wrong with it. They actually did a good work on IE7: they managed to copy both FF and Opera (the look espetially). The GUI and usability improved dramaticly.

FireFox is still better, but good work after all.

everyone copies from everywhere else...

When it is accessed a web page with flash objects , FF closes ...the log below >>>>>

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.

This probably reflects a bug in the program.

The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.

(Details: serial 120 error_code 8 request_code 146 minor_code 3)

(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;

that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.

To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line

option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful

backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)